What to expect at a workshop
Learn hand building pottery techniques at home with the undivided attention and tuition from Sharron from smountain ceramics.
In each workshop, we will focus on particular hand-building pottery techniques. I will do a step by step demonstration and by the end of the session, you will have made your own ceramic wares and found a sense of mindfulness and selfcare.
In my studio I dry your wares then load them in the kiln for the first and second firing of your piece.
The firing process will take two to three weeks. You can either pick up your final piece or can pay for additional freight to be shipped back to the your home.
- Book your ticket, bring a friend or so along with you.
- Arrive at the event with an E-ticket ready for checkin. I will have a complimentary glass of wine, bubbles or tea/coffee ready for you.
- We will get stuck into a demonstration and off you go. If we are underglazing on the evening we will do this in the second part of the workshop.
- I’ll sort the rest from their and contact you in a few weeks for pickup or if you would like postage, we can arrange that as well.
What you'll get in the workshops
- Use of all equipment and tools
- Specialty glazes for colouring
- Twice Firing for Bisque and Glaze firing.
- Drop off to the workshop location or pre arranged delivery.
- a few hours of mindfulness and selfcare
What you'll need
- Covered shoes
- A sense of adventure
- BYO nibbles or BYO drinks if so desired
Most workshops are family friendly unless otherwise stated. An adult must be present in all workshops where alcohol may be served.